The Truckload Carriers Association has selected 11 trucking companies to participate in Trucking’s Weight Loss Showdown, a competition with prizes for the fleet and individual that achieves the greatest percentages of weight loss. Companies completed an application that included a short statement of intent. The participants are:
• Bestway Express, Vincennes, Ind.;
• Bison Transport, Winnipeg;
• Brian Kurtz Trucking, Breslau, Ontario;
• Excargo Services, Houston;
• Hirschbach Transportation Services, East Dubuque, Ill.;
• Paramount Freight Systems, Fort Myers, Fla.;
• Prime Inc., Springfield, Mo.;
• System Transport, Spokane, Wash.;
• Tennant Truck Lines, Orion, Ill.;
• U.S. Xpress, Chattanooga, Tenn.; and
• Weinrich Truck Line, Hinton, Iowa.
The showdown is scheduled to last 10 weeks, beginning Jan. 24, and will be managed for TCA by Lindora Clinic, a personalized weight management company. It will stress a low-carbohydrate low-fat moderate protein menu plan coupled with exercise, nutrition education and lifestyle changes. Participants will receive weekly phone calls from Lindora nurses, who will instruct them on nutrition education, help boost their morale, discuss their obstacles and record their weight loss.
The fleet and individual winners will be announced in May at TCA’s Safety & Security Division Annual Meeting.