Transplace, a provider of transportation management services and software-as-a-service logistics technology, announced the winners of key performance awards within its Carrier Merit Program. Transplace made the announcement during its 10th annual Shipper Symposium in Phoenix, May 10.
“Our Carrier Merit Program was designed to uncover growth opportunities for our carriers while making certain they are delivering outstanding service for our customers,” said Ben Cubitt, senior vice president engineering and consulting at Transplace.
At the Shipper Symposium, Cubitt presented the following awards to:
• Transplace Carrier of the Year Award, Con-way Truckload
• Dry Van Carrier of the Year Award, Swift
• Reefer Carrier of the Year Award (co-winners), Marten Transport and Transplace Stuttgart
• Best On-Time Service Award, Tri-Ways, Inc.
The Transplace Carrier Merit Program categorizes carriers into tiers based on strict and demanding performance factors. The company has established two primary tiers of alliance carriers and a developmental progression plan for key carriers targeting business needs and upward movement through the merit program.
The awards are data-centric and based on companywide, quantitative data for each award selection. To be eligible for the Transplace truckload Carrier of the Year award, a carrier must have met the following requirements:
• Hauled at least 1,500 loads for Transplace
• Provided freight services across five or more Transplace accounts
• Maintained an on-time pick-up and delivery of 95 percent or better
• Contracted as a truckload carrier
• Actively participated as an EPA SmartWay Carrier
• Maintained an excellent customer service relationship across all accounts
• Utilized EDI capabilities extensively
• Provided regular feedback and communication to all levels of management
Carriers scoring the highest were included in a survey that was distributed to Transplace internal accounts in December 2011 to vote on the top 10 carriers that exceeded the above criteria. Con-way Truckload, the Transplace Carrier of the Year, also received the Transplace Carrier of the Year award in 2008 and 2011, and has been a Platinum level carrier for Transplace every year since 2008.