Rand McNally announced the latest updates to its MileMaker and IntelliRoute software for commercial transportation truck-specific routing, mileages and mapping.
MileMaker features both of the trucking industry’s standard mileage and routing types: Household Goods (HHG) and Practical. With IntelliRoute, users are offered a broad set of routing options that include optimized, multi-stop address to address routing, hazardous materials routing and lowest-cost routing that optimizes usage of toll roads.
According to the company, the new software release includes the following:
• Updated postal codes for Canadian provinces and territories: Includes 6,768 new postal codes associated with 669 unique community names. An additional 291 communities have lost postal codes and have been adjusted;
• New postal codes for Mexico, representing an increase of 23 percent new codes since the last update;
• Updated ZIP and Standard Point Location Codes;
• Toll costs for the United States and Canada, including updated ferry costs, and toll road costs such as the Dulles Toll Road and Greenway in Virginia; and
• Overhauled rest areas, weigh stations, service areas and welcome centers. Across the United States and Canada, 95 new points were added, and 25 closed facilities were removed.
The software updates are available for Mainframe, AS/400, Unix and PC-based platforms of MileMaker and IntelliRoute. The next update/release is scheduled for the first quarter of 2013.