Pegasus TransTech announced that Pilot Flying J, the largest operator of travel centers in North America, has implemented the Transflo cloud-based mobile document imaging application across its fleet of tanker trucks.
“Because of our type of fleet and the geographies we serve, our company has unique mobile needs,” said Jordan Spradling, transportation and logistics director for Pilot Flying J. “We have now enabled our drivers to use automated workflows to manage their documents on a mobile device. Transflo Mobile with customized features for tanker fleets has strengthened our operations, and we’re excited to be one of the first to deploy these capabilities.”
Pilot Flying J distributes fuel to more than 750 travel plazas across the United States, and its 1,850 drivers will use Transflo Mobile to reduce paperwork and simplify workflows connected with fuel deliveries. The features embedded in the application enable drivers to manage most of their workday activities in one convenient tool.
“We continue to deepen our client and partner relationship with Pilot Flying J,” added Frank Adelman, president and chief executive officer of Pegasus TransTech. “They are a company that embraces innovation and change in meaningful ways, and that’s held true for the mobility, electronic logging, and document management initiatives we have with them.”
Transflo Mobile has developed new feature sets specific to tanker fleets and fuel deliveries:
- Configurable settings that ensure only one in-transit load is active at a given time
- Delivery sequences that ensure loads are completed in the correct order
- Override options that allow drivers to re-order stops on the route and provide fleet managers with real-time updates on estimated delivery timeframes
- Delivery legs that are color-coded with the corresponding colors of the physical tanks, reducing incorrect deliveries and avoiding financial losses
- Additional workflow features that match bill of lading numbers through automated workflows