The American Transportation Research Institute announced Tuesday the members of its 2019-2020 Research Advisory Committee.
The 34-member committee consists of trucking industry stakeholders who are responsible for annually identifying the top research priorities for the industry. RAC members include trucking carriers, industry suppliers, truck drivers, shippers, law enforcement, academia and government.
“RAC members serve a critical role in developing and prioritizing research proposals that address the trucking industry’s top challenges. Congratulations to those appointed by the ATRI Board to serve in this important role, and we look forward to working with them,” said Rebecca Brewster, ATRI president and COO.
Karen Rasmussen, CEO of Help, Inc., was re-appointed to serve as chair of the committee. Other members of the RAC include:
- Tom Balzer – President and CEO, Ohio Trucking Association
- Shawn Brown – VP of safety and recruiting, Cargo Transporters
- Kenneth Calhoun – fleet optimization manager, Altec Service Group
- Dr. Alison Conway – associate professor, civil engineering, City College of New York
- Bob Costello – chief economist and senior vice president, American Trucking Associations
- Tom Cuthbertson – VP of regulatory compliance, Omnitracs
- Dan Drella – director of safety and training, Schneider National
- Thomas Fansler – president, Trimble Transportation Mobility
- Jim Fields – COO, Pitt Ohio
- Victoria King – VP of public affairs, UPS
- Stephen Laskowski – president, Canadian Trucking Alliance
- Don Lefeve – president and CEO, Commercial Vehicle Training Association
- Kenneth Lemberg – apprenticeship and training representative, U.S. Department of Labor
- Kevin Lhotak – president, Reliable Transportation Specialists
- Mike Ludwick – chief administrative officer, Bison Transport
- Doug Marcello – transportation attorney, Marcello and Kivisto
- Jamie Maus – VP of safety and compliance, Werner Enterprises
- Caroline Mays – director of Freight and International Trade Section, Texas DOT
- Shannon Newton – president, Arkansas Trucking Association
- Steve Olson – president and chief underwriting officer, Great West Casualty Company
- Holly Pixler – senior director of transportation, international and data management, MillerCoors
- John Prewitt – president, Tideport Distributing, Inc.
- Steve Raetz – director of research and market intelligence, C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
- Jeremy Reymer – founder and CEO, DriverReach
- Lee Sarratt, CDS – director of safety, J.B. Hunt
- Deputy Chief Mark Savage – Colorado State Patrol
- Kary Schaefer – general manager of marketing and strategy for Freightliner and Detroit brands, Daimler Trucks North America
- Russell Simpson – America’s Road Team Captain, Holland
- Mike Stephens – senior director of finance, USA Truck
- Collin Stewart – president and CEO, Stewart Transport
- Sara Walfoort – manager of freight planning, Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission
- Tom Weakley – director of operations, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association Foundation
- Shawn Yadon – CEO, California Trucking Association