Instructional Technologies Inc. (ITI) is offering a free course for drivers on COVID-19 safety. COVID-19: What Drivers Need To Know helps drivers understand the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic, how it could affect their work and safety, and steps to keep themselves and others safe.
“Hauling critical supplies across North America every day, professional truck drivers are on the front lines of the global COVID-19 pandemic,” said Dr. James Voorhees, president and CEO of ITI. “This information will help stem the spread of the virus and keep drivers safe during this critical time.”
The online training module covers the most up-to-date information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the symptoms of the Coronavirus, ways to prevent its spread and what to do if you get sick. It also addresses driver-specific concerns, including:
- Cleaning or avoiding high-touch areas inside and outside the vehicle
- Important regulatory changes like Hours of Service and CDL expirations
- Operational concerns like shipper closures
- Reminders to avoid distracted driving and manage stress in challenging times
- Lifestyle changes such as reducing contact in driver lounges, break rooms and at vending machines
Click here to access the training free of charge.