Trucking news and briefs for Wednesday, June 17, 2020:
East debuts new dump trailer
East Manufacturing has introduced a new dump trailer designed for hauling sand and gravel or commodity loads.
The new arrow spec dump trailer, the NST, maximizes payload with lighter weight components while still offering strength and durability. The trailer provides up to a half-ton additional payload compared to a standard aluminum dump.
The trailer features two-inch thick, double-wall aluminum panels that are robotically welded together vertically inside and out to provide additional strength and resistance to twisting, resulting in a longer lifespan.
Options available for the NST include:
- Lift axles
- Coal/grain doors
- Zero-maintenance damping suspension air springs
- Two-speed Jost Alumilight landing gear with 10-year warranty
Tanker group postpones annual driver award
Officials with the National Tank Truck Carriers announced that the 2019-2020 Professional Tank Truck Driver of the Year program has been postponed due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. A grand champion from the current eight finalists will be named at the organization’s 2021 annual conference May 2-4 in San Diego.
The 2019-2020 champion finalists are:
- Ronald Baird, Hoffman Transportation LLC./ G&D Trucking, Inc.
- James W. Ellis, Sr., Grammer Industries, Inc.
- Ronald Evans, Liquid Cargo, Inc.
- Darrien Henderson, J & M Tank Lines, Inc.
- Alen Smailovic, Highway Transport
- Abdul Standfield, Quality Carriers, Inc.
- Edward Stasyshyn, Trimac Transportation
- Tony Stinnett, Usher Transport, Inc.
“This year’s prestigious award was to have been presented in May this year at our 75th anniversary celebration in Washington D.C., which was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Ryan Streblow, NTTC executive vice president. “I realize that this difficult decision was a disappointment for the entire association, particularly the fine individuals in our finalist group.”