Designed to involve forklift operators and address the training needs of operators with different levels of experience, J.J. Keller’s Forklift Workshop is a workshop-style training program to help trainers conduct effective hands-on forklift safety training, plus fulfill the classroom training requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s 29 CFR Section 1910.178(l).
The Forklift Workshop is designed to help trainers:
• Satisfy OSHA’s formal instruction and practical training requirements;
• Incorporate hands-on training to reinforce key concepts;
• Provide training at all levels, from easy to moderate to challenging; and
• Control costs through accident prevention.
In the workshop format, operators will watch a video presentation demonstrating proper forklift safety techniques in action. It covers forklift basics, inspections, picking up a load, traveling with a load, placing a load, parking, charging and refueling, maintenance and modifications, and working in a truck, trailer or railcar.
Trainers will be able to reinforce learning using the Trainer Tools CD-ROM containing workshop-style elements that offer vital activity-based training, including:
• Practice tools, problem-solving activities and knowledge-based challenges that engage trainees and help them absorb and retain the material;
• Training exercises and learning activities intended for use in the classroom and the actual work environment, ranging from easy to moderate to challenging so that trainers can mix and match; and
• A PowerPoint presentation, FAQs, additional quizzes and answer keys, and situational narratives that challenge trainees to identify solutions to real-world situations, plus clip art, posters and a training log.
A Trainer’s Guide, Operator’s Handbook, wallet cards, awareness poster and sample forms round out the program. A preview of the video will be available online at jjkeller.com/28721. The Spanish version will be available in May.