The Truckload Carriers Association and CarriersEdge announced Tuesday the 2022 Best Fleets to Drive For finalists. The Top 20 winners are comprised of for-hire trucking companies from across North America that are being recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their truck drivers and employees.
New this year, TCA and CarriersEdge have expanded the program by adding a Hall of Fame category. This recognition level is above the regular Top 20 and honors fleets demonstrating Top 20 performance for extended periods of time. To be eligible for the Hall of Fame, fleets must be named as a Best Fleet for 10 consecutive years, or 7 years with at least one overall award. The Hall of Fame is sponsored by EpicVue.
Two overall winners, in large and small fleet categories, will be named during TCA’s Annual Convention — Truckload 2022: Las Vegas — set for March 19-22 at the Wynn Las Vegas.
The overall winner awards are sponsored by Eleos Technologies and TruckRight.
The 2022 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For finalists are:
- American Central Transport (CCJ Top 250, No. 247) – Kansas City, Missouri
- Brenny Specialized, Inc. – Saint Joseph, Minnesota
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc. (No. 77) – Cambridge, Ontario
- Chief Carriers, Inc. – Grand Island, Nebraska
- Continental Express, Inc. – Sidney, Ohio
- Decker Truck Line, Inc. (No. 127) – Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Erb Transport – New Hamburg, Ontario
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. – Etobicoke, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. (No. 192) – Fremont, Nebraska
- Garner Trucking, Inc. – Findlay, Ohio
- K&J Trucking, Inc. – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, Inc. (No. 9) – Jacksonville, Florida
- Leonard's Express (No. 144) – Farmington, New York
- Liberty Linehaul Inc. – Ayr, Ontario
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. – Defiance, Ohio
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc. (No. 184) – Knoxville, Tennessee
- TransLand – Strafford, Missouri
- TransPro Freight Systems Limited – Milton, Ontario
- Veriha Trucking, Inc. – Marinette, Wisconsin
- Wellington Group of Companies – Aberfoyle, Ontario
Hall of Fame recipients are as follows:
- Bison Transport Inc. (No. 52) – Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation – Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc. – Redmond, Oregon
- FTC Transportation, Inc. – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Grand Island Express – Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc. (No. 146) – Superior, Wisconsin
- Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc. (No. 195) – Hudson, Illinois
- Prime Inc. (No. 15) – Springfield, Missouri
In addition to the Top 20, TCA and CarriersEdge identified five Fleets to Watch (honorable mentions):
- Epes Transport System, LLC – Greensboro, North Carolina
- GP Transco (No. 163) – Joliet, Illinois
- Magnum LTD – Fargo, North Dakota
- Stokes Trucking, LLC – Tremonton, Utah
- TP Trucking – Central Point, Oregon
Two carriers are to be recognized for five consecutive years as a Best Fleet: American Central Transport and Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, companies operating 10 or more trucks had to receive a nomination from one of their company drivers or owner-operators. The fleets were then evaluated using a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, including total compensation, health benefits, performance management, professional development, and career path/advancement opportunities, among other criteria. Driver surveys were also conducted to collect input from drivers and independent contractors working with the fleets.