Motion Computing, a provider of integrated mobile computing solutions, announced the latest in the company’s family of rugged tablet PCs – the Motion F5v mobile field tool with integrated Intel Core vPro processing technology. Designed to meet the needs of a mobile work force, Motion’s F5v tablets are suited for construction, field sales, service and government environments that demand durable, flexible and rugged computing solutions.
“The new F5v is the ideal choice for the mobile enterprise user that stands and computes,” says Mike Stinson, vice president of marketing. “The F5v builds upon our industry successes and experience working with customers across vertical markets, enabling us to develop a device that increases productivity, while at the same time offers new levels of security to protect the valuable data mobile professionals collect on a daily basis.”
The Intel Core i7 vPro processor enables a significant improvement in performance and battery life over previous solutions. Additionally, incorporating Intel Core vPro technology will enable Motion customers to experience:
– Enhanced remote management capabilities, enabling IT technicians to repair and secure the PC from any location, even while powered-down or in sleep mode, enabling greater levels of energy efficiency and streamlined maintenance processes;
– Increased security with fully manageable hard drive encryption and Intel Anti-Theft technology used with Computrace, protecting valuable data in case of loss or theft; and
– Improved multitasking with smart technology that adjusts processor speed to support workload changes, providing power when needed and working more efficiently when possible.
“Motion tablets with the 2010 Intel Core vPro processors adapt to the needs of mobile work forces with smart security, cost-saving manageability and intelligent performance,” says Brian Tucker, director of marketing for Intel’s Business Client Platform Division. “Now enterprises can take advantage of the powerful applications and rich user experiences available with today’s technology.”
Motion says the next-generation F5 Tablet PC is based on the company’s line of rugged tablets that are in use by mobile professionals worldwide. New features to further increase productivity, connectivity and durability for enhanced mobile experiences include:
– Hot-swap battery feature for easy replacement of charged batteries without interruption Integrated USB port;
– System storage enhancements featuring a powerful 160GB HDD and up to 4GB of RAM;
– Extra-durable Corning Gorilla glass, now standard, offering up to a 4 times improvement in breakage resistance1, with new anti-smear coating for improved visibility;
– Enhanced optional, integrated 3.0 megapixel documentation camera and new Web camera for improved communication and collaboration capabilities; and
– Integrated Gobi2000 mobile broadband supporting multimode 3G mobile Internet access on either HSPA or CDMA2000 EV-DO networks in markets around the world.
The new Motion F5v is available through the company’s network of value-added resellers and distributors. For more information or to find a certified Motion reseller, go to Motion’s Channel Resources page at www.motioncomputing.com/buy/index.asp.