“Extending the Boundaries of Vehicle Maintenance” is the theme of the American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) 2011 Annual Meeting and Transportation Technology Exhibition, to be held Feb. 8-11 at the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, Fla.
TMC’s Transportation Technology Exhibition, Feb. 8-10, is expected to include more than 300 exhibitors featuring the latest technology to help fleets improve safety and efficiency. The technology trade show will include the latest models of medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, specialty and alternative-fueled vehicles, components, safety and information technology and services.
Full technical sessions will include “The Utility of TMC Recommended Maintenance and Engineering Practices” and “OSHA Compliance Requirements for Maintenance Operations.” Mini-technical sessions will include:
• The Utility of TMC Recommended Maintenance and Engineering Practices
• OSHA Compliance Requirements for Maintenance Operations
• Who’s Watching the Auxiliary Pin Circuit?
• Industry Roundtable on Tire Inflation Pressure Technologies
• ECM-Controlled Fan Drives: Dissipating Underhood Heat in EPA 2007- and 2010-compliant Engines
• In-Cab Spec’ing for Driver Retention and Resale Value
• Utilizing Successful National Parts Purchasing Programs
• New Stopping Distance Regulations and Their Effect on Vehicle Specifications: Part 3
• Trailer Frame and Axle Repair/Maintenance Issues
• Grid Electrification Potential and Its Impact on Commercial Transportation
• Tips, Tricks and Techniques for Maintaining and Repairing Vocational Chassis and Bodies
• Condition-based Maintenance Sensor Technology
• Automatic Transmission Fluids: Why Do They Differ?
• Corrosion: Complaint, Cause and Correction
More than 100 task forces will meet on Tuesday, followed by TMC’s Town Meeting and the Transportation Technology Exhibition grand opening, with technical sessions held Wednesday through Friday.
“Early Bird” registration on or before Jan. 21 is $475 for TMC or ATA members and $575 for nonmembers. Registration after Jan. 21 is $575 for members and $675 for nonmembers. A spouse’s package is available for $275.
More information on TMC’s 2011 Annual Meeting – including a registration form, exhibitor prospectus, exhibit contract, exhibit map and sponsorship brochure – is available online at http://tmc.truckline.com.