GE Capital Fleet Services launched a tool that allows fleet managers and drivers to order vehicles and track orders via the web, tablets, and mobile devices. The tool is the first in a series of new technology services that GE says it is creating to help fleet managers proactively analyze and manage their fleet operations.
Orders through GE’s new tool can be completed in five steps and order status can be tracked throughout the vehicle delivery process.
In developing the tool, GE says it sought input from more than 200 customers representing large and small fleets in a variety of industries.
Benefits of the new tool include:
• Side-by-side color vehicle photos and spec comparisons to simplify the ordering process;
• Customizable upfit options where applicable;
• Guided help that can be turned on or off;
• Running tally that manages and tracks driver-paid vehicle options;
• Customer-defined credit card options that securely process payments;
• Customer-specific order invitation messages that define steps and requirements;
• Communications to drivers about optional or required forms necessary for ordering;
• Automated email notices that are generated at key ordering process milestones.
“Our customers told us they wanted a simple, intuitive ordering tool to help them meet the needs of their fleets and accommodate the mobility of their drivers. We listened, and we worked closely with them to design this,” said Darrin Hebert, chief information officer of GE Capital Fleet Services.
GE says it is also making significant enhancements to its fuel program and driver portal, and the company will follow those upgrades with a major new release of GE’s My.Fleet.Office dashboard for fleet managers.