Twenty fleets have been recognized by the Truckload Carriers Association and CarriersEdge in the 2018 Best Fleets to Drive For program.
The carriers in the program must have at least 10 trucks and be nominated by a company driver or owner-operator. TCA says the fleets are being recognized “for providing exemplary work environments for their professional truck drivers and independent contractors.”
Following the nomination process, CarriersEdge interviewed human resources representatives and executives from the companies, then graded the fleets in a variety of categories, including compensation, benefits, professional development opportunities and more. Driver feedback was also incorporated into the final score.
Three companies on the list – Bison Transport, Central Oregon Truck Company and TransPro Freight Systems, have been on the list for five consecutive years.
At TCA’s Annual Convention in Kissimmee, Fla., on March 25-28, two overall winners from the list below will be named “Best Fleets to Drive For” for small fleet and large fleet categories. Last year, Grand Island Express and Bison Transport won the award in the small fleet and large fleet categories, respectively.
This year’s 20 Best Fleets to Drive For are:
- American Central Transport – Kansas City, Mo. (No. 249 on the CCJ Top 250)
- Bison Transport (No. 66) – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Boyle Transportation – Billerica, Mass.
- Central Oregon Truck Company – Redmond, Ore.
- Challenger Motor Freight – Cambridge, Ontario, Canada (No. 77)
- Erb Group – New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada
- Fremont Contract Carriers – Fremont, Neb. (No. 230)
- FTC Transportation – Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Garner Trucking – Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express – Grand Island, Neb.
- Halvor Lines – Superior, Wis. (No. 225)
- Keller Logistics Group – Defiance, Ohio
- Maverick Transportation – North Little Rock, Ark. (No. 74)
- Motor Carrier Service – Northwood, Ohio
- Nussbaum Transportation – Hudson, Ill.
- Prime Inc. – Springfield, Mo. (No. 15)
- Smokey Point Distributing – Arlington, Wash.
- TLD Logistics Services – Knoxville, Tenn. (No. 218)
- TransPro Freight Systems – Milton, Ontario, Canada
- Veriha Trucking – Marinette, Wis.
Five fleets have also been identified as “Fleets to Watch” – honorable mentions for their innovative driver programs, TCA says: