ZF Services – the strategic aftermarket business unit of ZF Friedrichshafen AG – is pleased to announce the release of the 2010 SACHS Heavy-Duty Clutch Product Line and Catalog to the heavy-duty aftermarket.
As a spec’able clutch option through most major Class 8 truck manufacturers in North America, the product line now available to the aftermarket features premium-quality materials, original-equipment fit, maximum durability and reliability.
With 99 percent product coverage for Class 8 trucks manufactured after 1990, truck owners and operators now have a choice when selecting an OE-grade aftermarket clutch for their truck.
The product line includes 14-inch and 15.5-inch models with up to 2050 lb.-ft. peak engine torque capacity. Also offered by the product line are manual-and self-adjust (Twin XtendTM) models, pre-damper for additional torsional vibration reduction, various spring and facing configurations, and greaseable, dual-zerk and extended lube bearing options.
ZF Sachs has also integrated proprietary features to further reduce torsional vibrations, increase clutch life and ease pedal effort:
• Softest Damper Rates: Industry leading soft damper rates prevent destructive vibratory torque from being transmitted through the drivetrain.
• Diaphragm Spring: Versus coil springs, the diaphragm spring design increases the life of the clutch by giving uniform plate pressure and enhances driver comfort with an easy pedal effort.
• Adjustment Ring Sealant: The application of a special sealant on both our manual-adjust and Twin XTend clutches protects the adjusting ring mechanism from contaminants, dirt intrusion and worn facing material. As a result, clutch wear adjustments are precise and able to last the life of each disc.
• Supersized Bearing Housing Wear Pad with Integrated Lubrication Channels: Our supersized bearing housing wear pads prevent premature failure of the release bearing at the release fork contact points. Further, the bearing and bearing wear pads are lubricated via channels connected to the grease fitting. With only one point of lubrication, maintenance time is reduced.
• Fifth Rivet: The utilization of a fifth rivet ensures that the clutch facing won’t lift in high stress and heat situations, therefore eliminating clutch release problems.
The 2010 SACHS Heavy-Duty Catalog is available in print and online. It features an easy-to-use clutch specification guide, listing of additional installation parts and interchange lists.
The entire 2010 product line is currently in stock and available through Horton Inc., the leading supplier of valued-added cooling systems.