Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America Inc. has announced its 2009 Dealer of the Year awards for all categories. Each year, MFTA recognizes its most outstanding dealers in the United States and Canada for overall performance, parts sales and service performance. In addition, the company honors the dealer salesperson of the year.
“These awards aren’t just about who sold the most trucks or parts,” says Mike Rumsey, vice president of sales operations. “MFTA evaluates all facets of the dealers’ performance in order to determine the annual winners. In 2009, we were witness to one of the most challenging years in recent times in the medium-duty truck industry. These winners demonstrated true perseverance in the face of difficult market conditions.”
Dealer of the Year winners are:
• Milea Truck Sales Corp., Bronx, N.Y., U.S. National Dealer of the Year;
• Kwong’s Truck Service, Concord, Ontario, Canadian Dealer of the Year;
• D & S Truck Center, Hodgkins, Ill., National Parts Dealer of the Year;
• Metzger Gear, Rochester, N.Y., National Service Dealer of the Year;
• Robert Milea, Milea Truck Sales, Bronx, N.Y., U.S. National Salesperson of the Year; and
• Sunny Kwong, Kwong’s Truck Service, Concord, Ontario, Canadian Salesperson of the Year.
In addition to the national Dealer of the Year awards, MFTA recognizes regional winners in the same categories. This year’s regional winners are:
• Degel Truck Center, Hazelwood, Mo., Western Region Dealer of the Year;
• Miller’s Truck Sales & Repair, Lincoln, R.I., Eastern Region Parts Dealer of the Year;
• Bayside Trucks, Avon, Mass., Eastern Region Service Dealer of the Year; and
• Matthew Hood, Lake City Trucks, Salt Lake City, Western Region Salesperson of the Year.