FedEx Express announced significant enhancements to select domestic service offerings, including an expansion of FedEx First Overnight, the addition of FedEx First Overnight Saturday and extended on-call pickup times.
FedEx Express now delivers by 8 a.m. to more ZIP codes and has doubled its FedEx First Overnight ZIP code coverage. The service also has expanded to include Saturday delivery. Additionally, FedEx Express has improved its on-call pickup window for customers, adding crucial time to the business day.
“FedEx understands that our customers need added convenience and flexible shipping solutions coupled with unparalleled customer service,” says T. Michael Glenn, executive vice president of market development and communications for FedEx Corp. “With new faster services and enhanced industry-leading options, FedEx is committed to doing whatever it takes to offer our customers superior service and value.”
FedEx First Overnight delivers by 8 a.m. the next business day and is available throughout all 50 states. The service appeals to customers who ship highly time-sensitive packages, including the manufacturing, banking, law and entertainment industries. FedEx First Overnight, introduced 15 years ago, is backed by a money-back guarantee.
The ZIP code expansion also expands service area coverage for inbound FedEx International First shipments. These are U.S. inbound shipments from more than 60 countries and Caribbean islands arriving in one or two business days by 8 or 8:30 a.m. The terms and conditions of the country of origin apply to these shipments.
FedEx also continues Saturday delivery and shipping options for customers with urgent needs or those looking for convenience on the weekend. These include:
• Delivery as early as 9:30 a.m. on Saturday with the newly-introduced FedEx First Overnight Saturday delivery, backed by a money-back guarantee;
• FedEx Express delivery on Saturdays to areas covering more than 90 percent of the U.S. population;
• Saturday Hold At Location service for FedEx Priority Overnight and FedEx 2Day service for convenient Saturday pick-ups;
• The convenience of FedEx Home Delivery, which delivers on Saturdays for no additional cost, backed by a money-back guarantee;
• The value of FedEx SmartPost for retailers shipping to residential addresses with deliveries six days a week, including Saturdays, at no additional charge;
• Shipping and packing services at the more than 1,800 U.S.-based FedEx Office locations, most of which are open on Saturdays; and
• FedEx SameDay service offering same day pickup and delivery 7 days a week, 365 days a year .
FedEx Express also has added an hour to the daily on-call pickup time in more than 7,000 U.S. ZIP codes. For customers, this means about one additional hour in the business day to prepare last-minute shipments.