SmartDrive, a provider of video-based driver safety and fleet management systems, announced it is working with fleet insurer Zurich on its new integrated fleet risk management solution, Zurich Fleet Intelligence. SmartDrive says it will offer its telematics devices to Zurich’s insurance customers seeking ways to minimize their fleet’s operating costs and reduce crashes, all while keeping their vehicles up-and-running and drivers safe.
“By bringing together key information from the vehicle computer, driving telematics and sophisticated video analytics, SmartDrive provides comprehensive risk profiles to quickly and correctly identify the riskiest driving behaviors,” says Jason Palmer, SmartDrive president. “This leads to dramatic savings in collision losses.”
According to the companies, ZFI works by combining the raw data from either SmartDrive telematic devices or raw data from other vehicle telematic providers with Zurich’s analytical tools to turn the data into meaningful insights that can help fleet managers reduce their fleet operating costs, as well as:
• Optimize vehicle journey planning and deployment;
• Reduce vehicle running costs;
• Achieve increased fuel economy;
• Reduce the occurrence of vehicle crashes through defensive driving training;
• Influence future insurance premiums;
• Improve employees’ driving skills and knowledge;
• Reduce stress and fatigue amongst drivers through coaching and development; and
• Improve their fleet’s impact on the environment.
“By working with leading vehicle telematics providers like SmartDrive, Zurich is able to offer independent advice on the most appropriate package of services to meet our customers’ individual needs,” says Paul Horgan, chief underwriting officer for Zurich Global Corporate in North America.
To watch a :90 second video showing how ZFI works, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqjSc-T7arY. For more information about ZFI, go to www.zurichfleetintelligence.com.