Internet Truckstop, an Internet-based freight matching service, announced an enhancement to its truckstop.com Website by adding Carrier Registration Service CRS and CRS Plus. CRS is designed to allow a company to streamline the carrier on-boarding process and move freight faster.
A company provides information on the type of carrier with which they will do business; criteria such as length of time in business, type of equipment and carrier performance rating help the company target the carriers. The company logo directs a carrier to the company’s broker/carrier agreement. A carrier reads and signs the agreement, and with a simple click, the paperwork approval process on the carrier begins. CRS delivers to the company a complete carrier file, including the contract, W-9, insurance certificates and more.
“With the transportation industry struggling to find capacity to meet freight demands, Internet Truckstop offers its carrier members easy access to companies that match their ‘paperwork-approved’ carriers requirements,” says Scott Moscrip, president of Internet Truckstop.
Developed in collaboration with Registry Monitoring Insurance Services, CRS Plus creates a personalized carrier registration Website. “Our customers tell us that the carriers that use the site instead of faxing or scanning and e-mailing the documents can get their entire registration done in less than 10 minutes,” says Hayden Landon, RMIS president. “Also, our customers save time in not having to scan all the documents or data enter information into their systems.” Most report overall time to register a carrier dropping from over 90 minutes per carrier to about 10 minutes per carrier, Landon says.
Internet Truckstop says the service:
• Provides unlimited carrier searches within the RMIS database of more than 100,000 certificates of insurance and DOT database of more than 500,000 carriers;
• Includes detailed certificate of insurance information direct from the insurance producer, authority status, safety ratings and CSA scores;
• All information (data and images) is obtainable via the Website or by integration with your existing in-house software system;
• Once registered, each carrier’s certificate of insurance, authority and safety information is monitored daily;
• A domain name of the customer’s choice is selected to house the registration site; and
• Website is co-branded with company logos and color schemes.