YRC announced it has expanded its mobile service offerings, which will allow customers to view shipping documents on the Android and iPhone through dedicated apps and on all other Web-enabled phones through the YRC mobile site at http://m.yrc.com. The apps and mobile site enable customers to do a variety of tasks such as tracking shipments, accessing customer service and viewing shipping documents. Customers also can read the latest YRC news through the apps and mobile site.
“The expansion of our mobile service offerings is the latest in our technology enhancements for YRC customers,” says Mike Naatz, president – customer care division and chief customer officer for Overland Park, Kan.-based YRC Worldwide. “With our new mobile documents application, YRC customers can immediately access their shipping documents in our system anywhere, anytime, making the shipping process even easier for our customers.”
YRC says its mobile capabilities include:
• Mobile Shipping Document Application. Customers can view and e-mail necessary shipping documents by simply entering the PRO number and choosing the desired documents. Customers now can view and e-mail bills of lading, delivery receipts, weight and inspection certificates and BOL and DR manifests from almost any mobile device;
• Tracking. Customers have the ability to track YRC shipments anytime, anywhere, using the PRO, BOL or PO number;
• Service Alerts. YRC electronic alerts give customers timely notification and the information to determine whether corrective measures are necessary;
• Rate Quotes. Using their mobile device, customers can obtain rate quotes with or without a YRC account and work directly with YRC online for additional quoting and shipment booking needs; and
• Customer Service. Connect with YRC customer service by chat, e-mail or one-button calling to serve all your transportation needs.