Following feedback from drivers and fleet managers, Gorilla Safety announced that it will be offering a revamped 3.0 version of its Gorilla Fleet Intelligence telematics program.
Gorilla Safety revealed the latest version of its software today at ATA’s Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) Annual Meeting in Atlanta. The program is also available as an app for Android and iOS devices.
“One of the things we wanted to do is improve the UI (user interface). That’s a huge improvement for us,” said Gorilla Safety National Sales Director Miguel Cruz. “While it had a lot of vehicle information like alerts, vehicle status, driver status, it all landed onto one page, which made it a little cumbersome to use.”
Data is now more organized and streamlined with fleet needs in mind. For instance, the 3.0 version focuses more on driver performance.
“We’ve changed our UI to be more in line, more intuitive with getting information back in on the drivers,” Cruz said. “We want to reward these drivers. We want to empower fleet managers to be able to say, ‘Who are our drivers that are having the best performances out there? Who are the drivers that need a little bit more training?’”
A driver behavior analytics screen (shown below) includes events related to hard acceleration, hard deceleration, speeding, unbuckled seatbelt and excessive driving hours. Other features include:
- Improved UI – Driver and Fleet Manager focused redesign of a new dashboard layout.
- Streamlined App Flow – Improved application layout and flow based on Driver Feedback.
- Streamlined Work Flow – Better navigation means more efficiencies.
- Better Reliability and Accuracy of Logs and Information – With the introduction of advanced Electronic Logging Device (ELD)edits as allowed by the mandate, drivers can leverage ELDs to maximize the workday.
- Enhanced Bluetooth connectivity – Aggressive pairing keeps drivers happy without inadvertently losing log data.
- Driver Behavior Reporting – Specifically designed for driver retention to allow fleet managers to identify the best performing drivers as well as those needing coaching.
- Trend Analysis – Perform trend analyses on the fleet avoiding future safety violations.
- Integrated Vehicle Monitoring System (IVMS) – Advanced vehicle telematics and key insights.
Gorilla Safety will continue to allow fleets to choose the best fit of the three tiers of service, including: Prime8, Xpress and Xtreme. All the features below are part of the standard functionality in the Gorilla Fleet Intelligence Xtreme version while availability of each varies in the others:
- Load Check Reminder: Alerts reminding Drivers to check their load securement.
- Advanced Logbook View: Viewing and editing logs on the web portal in the traditional graph form.
- Advanced Drivetime Edit: Enables drivers to edit driving time captured by the Electronic Logging Device to “on duty – yard moves” or “off duty – personal conveyance”.
- Driver Log Bulk Download: Specifies date ranges and downloads logs for individual drivers.
- Parts Inventory: Inventory tracking for parts that can be applied to a work order and price calculated automatically.
- S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Management: Allows fleet manager to create and manage multiple DOT numbers within the same fleet.
- Messaging: Effortlessly communicate with drivers using the in-app program.
- Non-DOT Trips: Allows drivers to select an on duty – not driving mode for non-DOT Trips.
- Non-vehicle Driver Logs: Controls drivers’ ability to log without selecting a vehicle; while no vehicle is selected, the driver can only select “on duty – not driving” and “off duty” statuses.
- Advanced Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR): Customize points of inspection to a DVIR. Drivers will see these newly added points during an inspection allowing more impactful inspections.
- Bulk Unidentified Driving (UD) Edit: Fleet managers can view and assign a large amount of UD data in a more organized format.
- Flexible Permissions: Grants users custom control over filters.
Version features can be found here. Existing users will be grandfathered in and the upgrade is included in their current service structure. Gorilla Fleet Intelligence 3.0 will roll out March 1 for current Gorilla Safety customers and March 15 for new customers.