Panasonic announced upgrades to the Panasonic Toughbook 54 mobile computer. A faster Intel Core i5-6300U vPro processor is now available in four models that fit a wide variety of customer needs in public safety, government, field service, utilities, insurance and automotive. It also has expanded storage capabilities and an upgraded Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7 Professional.
The four model options are Lite, Prime, Gloved Multi Touch and Performance. Each version comes standard with signature features such as resistance to spills and drops, a durable magnesium alloy case and the easy portability of a built-in handle. The Toughbook 54 is also available with dual storage drives for expanded storage capacity or supports RAID mirroring for user applications requiring exceptionally high-performance.
“As mobility becomes an increasingly important part of today’s workforce our customers are looking for the power of a desktop solution that can be used in a variety of vertical segments with mobile employees,” said Brian Rowley, vice president of marketing and product management, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America.
Panasonic Toughbook 54 key updates are:
- Faster Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U vPro Processor (2.4GHz up to 3.0 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology). An Intel CoreTM i7 Processor option is also available
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro with an option to downgrade to Windows 7 Professional
- Enhanced WiFi Connectivity: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, dual pass-through antenna for WWAN/GPS, Bluetooth 4.1 (Class 1)
- Powerful Graphics Processor: Intel HD Graphics 520; AMD FirePro M5100 graphics (Performance model) offers more than double the graphics performance when comparing SPECviewperf 12 benchmarks.
- Additional Options: Stylus pen holder
The latest Toughbook 54 will be available in July from authorized Panasonic resellers at an estimated street price starting around $1499.