The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company says it has introduced the most fuel-efficient long haul drive tire in North America.
Available now, the Goodyear claims the FUEL MAX LHD G505D saves, on average, $1,444 worth of fuel per truck, per year, compared to the Michelin X Line Energy D.*
The Goodyear FUEL MAX LHD G505D also saves, on average:
- $896 of fuel per truck, per year, compared to the Continental EcoPlus HD3*
- $672 of fuel per truck, per year, compared to the Bridgestone M710 Ecopia*
“Fuel is the number-one cost for trucking fleets,” said Brian Buckham, general manager,
product marketing, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “Goodyear has re-written the book on fuel efficiency with the Goodyear FUEL MAX LHD G505D. This tire is a must-have for fleets that are serious about reducing their cost-per-mile.”
The SmartWay-verified Goodyear FUEL MAX LHD G505D improves truck fuel economy by, on average, 2% compared to the Michelin X Line Energy D; 1.3% compared to the Continental EcoPlus HD3; and .9% compared to the Bridgestone M710 Ecopia.*
“Goodyear’s exclusive Fuel Max Technology incorporates innovative fuel-efficient compounds, tire constructions and tread designs to lower the rolling resistance of our tires, which reduces truck fuel consumption,” says Buckham.
In addition to superior fuel economy, the Goodyear FUEL MAX LHD G505D also features:
- A highly siped center rib and lateral grooves to help enhance all-season traction
- Goodyear’s Tredlock Technology, which contains interlocking micro-grooves and a wide tread to help stabilize the tread for long life and enhanced toughness
- A steel-belt casing package for toughness, endurance and robust retreadability
- Penetration protectors to help resist stone drilling, which also enhances casing retreadability
“Our goal is to help fleets lower their cost-per-mile,” said Buckham. “Helping them optimize their trucks’ fuel efficiency is a big part of this process. With the introduction of the Goodyear FUEL MAX LHD G505D, Goodyear is staking its claim as North America’s long haul drive tire fuel economy leader.”