Eaton announced this week during ATA’s Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) Annual Meeting in Atlanta that it has updated its IntelliConnect remote diagnostics technology with several important features that enhance usability for fleet administrators.
Included with every Eaton Cummins automated transmission. IntelliConnect remote diagnostics provides users with customized delivery of information through email alerts, the Navistar OnCommand Connection portal, an existing telematics portal, or online. It provides near real-time monitoring of vehicle fault codes, prioritizes the critical events and provides accurate and comprehensive action plans created by Eaton’s technical experts. These features increase fleet uptime by reducing unplanned downtime and providing quicker repair diagnosis, Eaton says..
“Our customers are very important to us and their feedback led to many of the new features we’ve added to IntelliConnect,” says Kevin Snow, manager, Service Engineering Solutions, Vehicle Group, Eaton. “These improvements make it easier for fleet administrators to more quickly identify vehicles with potential service needs and determine next steps.”
IntelliConnect works by sorting through data and prioritizes by levels of importance, enabling administrators to structure their workflow in a way that benefits their operation.
Eaton says IntelliConnect’s new feature set includes the following upgrades:
- A fleet transmission health report
- Report that compiles lists of all vehicles with transmission service recommendations.
- Ability to add and update fleet information by uploading a vehicle information file, negating the need for fleet administrators to manually input vehicle data into the IntelliConnect database
- Simultaneously update and add information on multiple vehicles to the database
- Filter service activity reports based on active/inactive fault codes or components
- A fleet page allows users to view their entire fleet and quickly identify vehicles experiencing issue
- Enables users to monitor all vehicles associated with their fleet or view specific vehicles selected for a “Watch List” based on make or model, engine make and/or transmission model
- Provides a seven-day severity feature, which displays an icon indicating the most severe fault codes that occurred within the past seven days — with ability to sort and filter those vehicles
- Normal and compact views to monitor vehicle detail pages, allows users to choose the number of vehicles to monitor per page
- IntelliConnect and ServiceRanger, Eaton’s diagnostics and service tool for automated transmissions, can access a new product information library
- Allows for online troubleshooting and access to product service manuals
- Enables users to link to specific fault code troubleshooting page, eliminating the need to download large PDFs and search for the correct page to find necessary information