The Highway Control S is a steer tire, while the Highway Control T is a trailer tire. Both tires are SmartWay certified for increased fuel efficiency and are designed with:
- New sidewall compounds to provide increased fuel efficiency without sacrificing wear
- Improved shoulder rib to improve resistance to irregular wear
- New tread design to improve resistance to irregular wear
- Serpentine grooves for improved water shedding
- Variable-groove wall to help reduce stone retention and extend casing life
Both tires come with a 5-year/2-retread Manufacturer’s Limited Casing Guarantee.
The Highway Control S steer tire also comes with a guarantee from BFGoodrich that will reimburse 50 percent of the purchase price of the tire if the user isn’t satisfied with the tire mileage performance in the first year or before 50 percent of its usable tread life, whichever comes first.
The Highway Control T trailer tire offers a similar guarantee that if users are not satisfied with even tire wear performance in the first two years or before 50 percent of its usable tread life, whichever comes first, BFGoodrich will reimburse half of the purchase price.
The BFGoodrich Highway Control S tire is available immediately and replaces the BFGoodrich ST 244. It is available in sizes 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 (Load Range G), 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 (Load Range H), 275/80R22.5 (Load Range G), and 285/80R24.5 (Load Range G).
The new BFGoodrich Highway Control T trailer tire will be available May 1 and replaces the BFGoodrich TR 144. It is available in sizes 11R22.5, 275/80R22.5, 11R24.5 and 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G).